18 Sep All you need to know about an Adelaide beauty therapy course
Opting for a beauty therapy career in Adelaide puts you in a good place. The exponential growth of the beauty industry has made the beauty therapist career path one of the most in-demand.
Enrolling in an Adelaide beauty therapy course are divided into three options including:
- Epilation or electrology – is a form of treatment that involves hair removal from the body and face. Tried and proven true removal of the hair is through electrolysis, making it one of the standards of any beauty therapy course in Adelaide. The inclusion of body electricals in a beauty course is vital especially if you want to work as a beauty therapist for a cruise liner. Cruise line companies only hire beauty therapists qualified in body electricals.
- Aesthetician or beautician or facial therapy – is doing both electrical and manual treatments on the face. Some of the beauty skills acquired with this course include waxing, manicure, and pedicure.
- Body treatments or physiatrics or body therapy – is doing both electrical and manual procedures on the body.
Types of Beauty Therapy Courses
Beauty therapy courses qualify graduates to perform the following beauty procedures and treatments:
- Body, face, underarms, arms, and legs electrolysis treatments and procedures
- Galvanic electrolysis
- The blend electrolysis
Post-graduate subjects include:
- IPL or Intense Pulsed Light treatments and procedures
- Red vein procedures and treatments
- Facial electrical procedures and treatments
- Eye treatments, to include:
- Eyebrow shaping
- Eyelash tinting
- Eyebrow tinting
- A variety of facials, including:
- Moisturising facials
- Superficial cleansing facials
- Facial massage
- Toning facials
- Exfoliating facials
- Deep cleansing facials
- A variety of waxing procedures and treatments, including:
- Brazilian waxing procedures
- Full leg waxing procedures
- Facial waxing procedures
- Bikini line waxing procedures
- Half-leg waxing procedures
- Underarm waxing procedures
- Body electrical procedures and treatments
- Cellulite procedures and treatments
- Swedish body massage
- Introductory nutrition and diet advice
- Neck, shoulder, and back massage
- Advice on introductory exercise
- Figure analysis
- Full leg massage
Options for Beauty Therapy Course Programs
Vocational schools and community colleges offer a 2-year associate degree diploma in cosmetology. Theoretical study and practical coursework are involved in a diploma program.
The two-year beauty therapy course programs include two options:
Associate of Applied Science in Cosmetology
The specialised training and general education classes of an associate degree include:
- Nail services
- Sanitation and sterilisation
- Hairstyling and cutting
- Hair colouring
- Rinsing scalp and shampooing therapy
A cosmetology program includes major subjects such as:
- Mask treatments and deep cleansing facials
- Techniques involved in classic massage treatments and procedures
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting
- A wide variety of facial massage treatments and procedures
You may also acquire a beauty therapy diploma online.
Needed skills for beauty therapists
A lot of specialist treatments have to be performed while working as a beauty therapist. Duties comprise both customer and administrative that requires great physical stamina and excellent hand ability.
Beauticians are another term used for beauty therapists. Whatever the title used does not matter. What matters most are the combined specialised services provided by beauty specialists to the body and the skin. The role as a beauty therapist may be demanding, but it also brings rich lifetime rewards.